Sending plain text to ICQ users is finally back thanks to mach_inject. Due to changes in how this feature works, you will now need to enable this feature explicitly in the Chax preferences. Enabling this option will require you to enter an administrator password the first time in order to load into iChatAgent.
Updating with Sparkle from alpha 7 to beta 1 should finally work. Unfortunately, if you're running a version earlier than alpha 7 you'll likely need to manually upgrade. The changes made in alpha 7 should put an end to that inconvenience and confusion.
Regarding localizations, the necessary strings to localize Chax and the installer can be found in a zip archive inside the installer's application package (inside Contents/Resources/ChaxLocalizableStrings.zip). If anyone is interested in localizing Chax and would like instructions on how to test their localization, let me know. Thanks to the localization code made available by Wil Shipley.
Changes from Chax 3.0 Alpha 7:
- (New) Reimplemented sending plain text to ICQ accounts as an option in the preferences
- (New) Option to add a confirmation sheet when closing active AV chats
- (New) Rearranged the preferences window
- (Bug) File transfer auto-accept works properly again
- (Bug) Minor fixes to log viewer
Update: The plain text ICQ option will not work for users running on 32-bit machines. The next update will resolve this problem.