It's been a long time in coming, but Chax 2.2 is finally available. There are two new features since the beta: an option to confirm before closing active AV chats, and a way to quickly send a snapshot from a iSight or other connected camera as an inline image or file transfer (Send Camera Snapshot... in the Buddies menu).
Safari 4 DP Users:
There is a bug in the Safari 4 beta that will cause iChat and Chax to occasionally crash. Downgrade to Safari 3 to avoid these crashes. The public beta Safari 4 appears to have resolved these issues.
Changes from Chax 2.1.2:
- (New) Message history shows messages from the previous conversation in new chat windows
- (New) Send Camera Snapshot in the Buddies menu allows you to instantly send a picture from your camera as an inline image
- (New) Added option to confirm before ending AV chats
- (New) Added multitouch swipe gesture to switch tabs in message window
- (New) Hidden default SaveWindowFrames saves per-contact window positions
- (New) Hidden default ShowSenderAccount shows the active account in each conversation
- (Bug) Fixed parsing logs with some languages
- (Bug) New chat windows no longer steal focus when using auto-accept
- (Bug) Fixed unlocalized UI elements appearing in some languages