Here's the third, and hopefully last, pre-beta version of Chax for 10.5. The log viewer has been rewritten, so it should be more responsive and stable compared to previous versions. Functionally it is the same, but it should be significantly smoother. The commonly reported bugs have been fixed, as well as a bug in iChat where using the Auto Accept AppleScript to immediately accept text messages caused new chat windows to float on top of all other windows. I also re-added Chax's ability to auto-accept text messages, freeing up the AppleScript option in the preferences. Lastly, buddy icon notifications in the Dock are back. Full name notifications in the Dock will probably be following suit sometime soon.
Regarding a unified contact list, which has been a huge request - I too would love to see such a feature. However, a single contact list is a question of whether or not it is even possible, not me holding back on anything. You guys don't need to post any more comments or email me about it, I know! :)
The current set of features is probably what will be going into a final version. Expect a more completed beta with an installer soon.This build is not to be posted on MacUpdate, VersionTracker, or other software update sites.
- Log viewer has been rewritten
- Added "View Logs" contextual menu item to contact list
- Fixed scrolling in the contact lists
- Improved display of status change messages in chat windows
- Buddy icon dock notification option has been readded
- Readded auto-accept text messages option, separate from the Auto Accept AppleScript
- Fixed a bug in iChat where using the Auto Accept AppleScript would cause new windows to float above all others