Chax 1.4.4 Beta 1
Saved activity between iChat launches is finally part of Chax, thanks to Core Data. Some more tab improvements have been added also.
- (New) Option to suppress alert sounds when idle or away
- (New) Activity log now automatically saves and restores data between launches
- (New) Option to disable the overflow menu in the tab window
- (New) Added a warning sheet when attempting to close the tab window with more than one active chat
- (New) Dragging and dropping text or files onto tabs will now automatically select the tab and insert the dragged item into the chat input line
- (Bugfix) Double-clicking to open images in Preview will now work when sent two files with the same name
- (Bugfix) Log viewer should now work with French logs
- (Bugfix) Confirm quit dialog now works properly on Intel Macs
- (Bugfix) Selecting view logs before initially opening the log viewer window now works properly
- (Bugfix) Fixed a problem where the standard iChat notification dock icon would flash for a second before disappearing when receiving a new message
Jo at 2006-06-16 10:21:09 -0400
"Log viewer should now work with French logs" great ! there is still some problems : view logs from the contact popup menu dosn't works if the contact name contain an accent logs are not sorted chronologically ichat crashes if i try to personalize the log viewer toolbar. do you want a crashlog ? great work, congratulation. -- iChat 3.1.4 (v432)
brian at 2006-06-16 11:50:22 -0400
1.4.4 beta 1 locks up iChat every time and I have to force quit it. I tried deleting chax and chax preferences and doing a clean install, but the same result. The error is a window that says: iChat Internal Error NSRangeException: *** -[NSCFSrting substringToIndex:]: Range or index out of bounds
Kenneth at 2006-06-16 18:55:49 -0400
I received the same error as Brian did. Going back to 1.4.3.
MysticalOS at 2006-06-17 00:48:21 -0400
no errors here...But i would like to add suggestion to disable sounds feature for away idle. ..i'd only want to use soething liket his for away only, not both away and idle, cause i'm idle most of the day, heh...but in same room as computer, i just multitask.. also, "away" does that specify only red orb aways or green orb ones too?
MysticalOS at 2006-06-17 01:38:10 -0400
Oh yeah. All notification events are being logged to console via growlhelperapp. An accident or a feature? I'm not too fond of anything being logged to console except that which can be used for diagnostics.
Allan at 2006-06-17 08:44:25 -0400
Hi, I'm not getting any sound when i'm away even though the checkbox in preferences isn't checked. I'd like to have sound even though i'm away. I'm using the latest iChat and OS X 10.4.6. I hope it's not a bug in my system in general.
Scott at 2006-06-18 03:12:14 -0400
Hi there! I am getting the "NSRangeException" error on my computer, too, if it helps to now. Actually, I get the error on one of my computers, but not on the other. Feel free to write if I can assist in diagnosing the issue.