Chax 1.4.3 Beta 2
This version fixes two minor bugs that were introduced in Chax 1.4.2. I've also made some improvements to the log viewer â€“ you can now delete, export to plain-text and search through logs. Unfortunately the log viewer still doesn't parse non-English log formats yet. Also new is a floating information window that has a bigger buddy icon display and makes links clickable, for all of you who have requested the ability to click on URLs in away messages.
Changes from 1.4.2:
- (New) Floating info window displays full status messages and larger user icons (access by right-clicking a user in the contact list and selecting "More Info")
- (New) Log viewer toolbar has options to delete logs and export logs in plain-text
- (New) Log viewer has a search field that uses Spotlight to search through logs
- (Feature improvement) Tab overflow menu will change icons to denote new messages in tabs that aren't visible
- (Bugfix) Receiving a new message when using tabs won't always bring the new tab to the front anymore
- (Bugfix) Fixed a problem where opening saved chats could fail
- (Bugfix) Fixed a typo in the German localization
- (Note) The Chax installation program name has been changed from Install Chax to Chax Installer
iDarbert at 2006-05-22 07:54:53 -0400
Log Viewer is still not working here... I see "Empty Chat, add people" in every log I select.
Mark Fox at 2006-05-23 16:54:12 -0400
I can open my old logs just like I used to! Perfect. The Log viewer seems to have problems loading older log files. It's Spotlight function also only seems to be able to search this more recent files (at least I'm assuming based on how few results accumulate when searching for common techinical words I use often in iChat).
drac at 2006-05-24 17:33:10 -0400
would it be possible to add an "invisible " status? :-* the program is very nice btw
Michael at 2006-05-24 20:02:48 -0400
I would like to mention that on my PowerBook G4 chax tends to make iChat crash when I put it to sleep. Is that my problem, or is this documented?
Mia at 2006-05-25 00:14:46 -0400
Great program! I love it! I would also like to see that feature of invisibility status like Drac said. That would make it awesome!! What do you say Mr. Suther??