This beta consists mostly of bug fixes and additional options for tabs. There are a couple of new features, mainly vertical auto-resizing of the contact list and resizing row height to fit custom font sizes. Unfortunately, the changing row height works only when the contact list is in the single-line view where the user icon is hidden.
I need feedback from users of .Mac encryption in particular. I've readded support for the encryption lock icon in the tab window but I don't have a .Mac account myself to test if it works or not. I also don't know if there is any additional functionality that the lock provides by clicking on it. Any details on how the lock actually behaves â€“ other than looking pretty â€“ would be appreciated.
I've added yet another hidden default for those of you who would like your text input line to be larger than one line. To make your input line an arbitrary number of pixels tall, type this command into the terminal:
defaults write com.ksuther.chax MinimumInputLineHeight size-in-pixels. For a base reference, the default height with Lucida Grande 12 is 15 pixels.
Changes from 1.4:
- (New) Growl notifications for when a user comes online, goes offline, goes idle, goes away, and becomes available
- (New) Options to have the tab window come to the front when receiving a new message
- (New) Option to disable the close buttons on tabs
- (New) Option to have the contact lists automatically resize to fit the number of visible contacts
- (Feature improvement) Contact list row height will now adjust itself according to the size of a custom font as long as user icons are hidden (the two line view will not resize)
- (Feature improvement) Default iChat floating window notifications now work with tabs
- (Bugfix) Lock badge when using now appears properly in the tab window
- (Bugfix) Fixed a crash when double-clicking on a status icon in the activity window.
- (Bugfix) AppleScript commands work again with tabs
- (Bugfix) "Add Hyperlink..." command now works properly with tabs
- (Bugfix) "Attach File..." command now works properly with tabs
- (Bugfix) New message tab status color overrides offline status color
- (Bugfix) Activity window now uses locale-specific date formats